Sunday, May 19, 2013

Huatulco

I apologize in advance if this post incites jealousy. It just might.

I have been incredibly blessed to work with some awesome people during my time here. The H's, Natasha, Ellen, Jennifer, the M's, and many others have enriched my life and changed it irreparably. I hope that I have left a small mark with them as well because they have been so influential to me. But our team retreat to Huatulco will probably be one of the time that I hold dearest about my time here. Between the company, the views, and the teaching I was able to sit under, I can safely say that I will never forget my time there.

Here's what happened: We loaded four children under the age of eight, two teenagers, four hands on, and two married couples into two vehicles. Then we drove seven hours on some of the windiest roads I've ever been on over the mountains to the south of Oaxaca. After seven hours in a car with very few stops, we reached.... Huatulco, Oaxaca, Mexico. I've never seen anything like it. It was mountains, and then suddenly, beach!

This is the beautiful house that we stayed in, Flor d' Mar or Flower of the Sea!
The view our of our "front door". Though there was no door.
The view form the palapa or roof hang out area.
Part of the house.
There were beautiful flowers everywhere!
The palapa in the top right of the picture, along with Natasha and Ellen's room to the left and Haylee's to the right.

The view from my room. Every morning. I didn't want to leave.
The beautiful picture window in the main house.
The main house.
Our view
Was this place not amazing?!? Props to Jeff for finding it and thanks again for allowing us Hands On girls to tag along! But, we didn't just look at the beach....

We went to it!

First day, first beach!

Day Two on the completely deserted beach. Amazing.

Then we came home. And kind of made Jackson sit in the floor most of the way home.
Not that you can tell by this picture, but we got pretty carsick... Ugh.
Our team. :)  The Fantastic Four.
What a beautiful place with such wonderful people. It was an experience I will never forget. I learned so much from my leaders who poured into us and into each other. Things I had never thought about, but once I heard them, I was convicted to change things in my life.

These people have all changed my life in some way. I can never forget them or my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment